Before the birth of my little girl Erin (now 5 years old), I was forever ‘on or off’ the diet wagon. In my youth I followed some of the most dreadful diet plans; I confess, even the dreaded cabbage soup diet and another that banned carbohydrates after 5pm! Even when I achieved weight loss, completed marathons & triathlons I still hated my body and thought it should look like the shiny glossy pictures found in the magazines and nowadays on social media.
During my recovery from postnatal depression & anxiety, I recognised the power that movement had on my mood. I felt uplifted and more human again, but I knew there was more I needed to do to be FREE of the feeling of never being enough. Who was I, where was Sue? My self-identity was almost none existent. When I accepted help and delved into the world of coaching and self-development, the result was that my life completely changed for the better.
I see it in wonderful women everyday because I’ve been there too. Stressed to the hills, trying to make it through a day at a time whilst putting on a brave face to the outside world. On the inside:
- Not feeling like a good enough mum
- Stressed out and frazzled all of the time
- Emotionally eating & drinking and unable to stop
- Not knowing where to start and terrified of failing, again.
- Comparing myself to others
- At war with your body
- Internally criticising everything you do
Helping mums is my find their own pace with health & fitness in a way that aligns with their family and lifestyle is part of my life’s mission.
Why listen to me?
- I’ve walked the walk. From hating my body despite getting into shape to seeing the potential effects I would have on my daughter if I didn’t transform my beliefs and behaviour.
- I’ve been through a divorce, career change, postnatal depression & anxiety including coming off antidepressants after over 3 years
- I now fully embrace my vices and quirks I love chocolate, red wine, eating out, spa days, family holidays.
- I can show you how to end the war with food and make it easy for you to eat in a balanced way. Shed weight for good and tune into your bodies needs.
- I’ve invested in self-development for the past 3 years and worked with leading coaches in neuroscience and self identity (Nicola Buckley) and learned how to get organised and get out of my own way with mindset coach (Emma Colsely-Nicholls)
“You are your child’s greatest teacher” These words still stop me in my tracks and bring me back to my purpose.
I empower women to enjoy fit and healthy lifestyles through mindset, nutrition, and exercise; so that they can love their bodies, overcome the cycle of dieting and be proud of their incredible bodies.
From acceptance comes a powerful foundation for making changes, not because you loathe yourself because you love yourself.
I believe this will empower our children and create positive body beliefs and behaviours from the people who are our children’s greatest teachers – us, the parents.